IMPORTANT COV-19 UPDATE – Updated November 2020
PLEASE READ BEFORE YOU ATTEND YOUR APPOINTMENT
The new normal
We have now been practicing the new normal for some time, meeting the highest standards of infection control to ensure we can provide you with safe Podiatry treatments at the highest possible quality. As a practice we have stayed up to date with all policies and procedures and these have determined the way in which we have ran and will continue to run the clinic, the ‘new normal’. We have created this document to provide some reassurance and to describe what measures have been put in place to keep you safe. We also have some expectations from you, our service users, to ensure we maintain the safest possible environment. It is imperative that you please read all the information before you attend your appointment.
Will you remain open?
Yes, we have been allowed to remain open following the same stringent protocols. If anything were to change, we will update this document, our Facebook page and make contact with all those with an upcoming appointment.
We ask everyone that only those with any appointment to attend the clinic this is to allow social distancing and ensure everyone that enters has been considered safe to do so. If you would like to speak to the Podiatrist then please call.
The new running of the clinic
Your appointments will be booked with a gap before you arrive which will allow the clinic to be cleaned and to minimise any contact with other visitors in the waiting room. The same gap will occur following your appointment. This will only work if everyone attends their appointment on time, lateness is not acceptable and please avoid being too early.
Before your appointment you will be asked a few screening questions relating to symptoms and possible contact with the Covid-19 virus. This may be done via phone, email or at the door when you arrive for your appointment.
We have invested in the highest available quality of Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) and we will be wearing this during every appointment until further notice. We also have a screen that will act as a shield between us during your treatment.
What we expect from you:
- Wear a mask that fits well and covers your nose and mouth.
- To apply alcohol gel on your hands when you arrive and when you leave the clinic.
- To arrive at your appointment on time. Time management for the clinic is more important than ever. If you are 10 minutes late, your appointment will be cancelled and you will be invoiced the full appointment cost.
- If you or any members of your household/bubble display any symptoms of the Virus, or have been in contact with anyone with coronavirus in the last 2 weeks please cancel your appointment. If you have a Covid-19 test, please do not attend your appointment unless you have received a negative result. If you have any new mild viral symptoms, then please call us and it is likely we will discuss postponing your appointment. If you need to postpone or cancel for any reason secondary to the virus please call and inform us as soon as possible.
- Keep up to date and follow personal lockdown measures.
- If you have a foot emergency such as an ingrowing toenail, a foot problem that is causing an open area of skin or a foot lesion that is causing extreme pain then please call us so we can prioritise our caseload effectively.
- To keep to social distancing parameters
- You can attend with 1x member of your household/bubble if you wish. We will also allow a parent with their children to attend as long as they distance from the Podiatrist.
What to expect from us:
- To maintain the safest clinic environment with stringent cleaning protocols.
- To minimise contact between you and other visitors.
- Keep up to date with guidelines that impact our practice.
- Follow personal lockdown measures to minimise any unnecessary contact with the virus.
- To keep the website page up to date with Cov-19 related matters
- To return any business answer phone messages as promptly as possible, please note if you call us and don’t leave a message your call maybe not be returned.
With careful thought and consideration, unavoidably we have had to increase our appointment fees. This is to cover the unit cost of PPE, increased consumables costs, to afford to create gaps between appointments and increased business administration time. We have not taken this decision lightly, this rise in fees is not likely to cover the increased expenses but hopefully will allow our small business to survive at this difficult time.
Routine Chiropody/Podiatry Appointments: £36 (Increase of £1.00).
New Patient Appointments: £40 (Increase of £2.00).
As the contactless payment limit has been increased we will be encouraging people to make card payments for their appointments, to minimise handling of cash.
Booking your next appointment:
This can be done by phone, email, you can also use the new online booking system on the website by clicking the ‘book online’ tab at the top of the page, this feature is also present on our Facebook page.
We wanted to express tremendous and heartfelt gratitude to every loyal customer and the cheerleaders of our small business. I want to thank the people of Brixworth for their support and infectious community spirit.
If you do not already please follow us on Facebook, if you have it, @greenpodiatry to stay up to date with all clinic news.
Phone: 07568 948080
Thank you for taking the time to read this. Keep safe and positive. Looking forward to resuming services and getting back to what we Podiatrists do best, treating your foot problems, keeping you mobile and comfortable.
Green Podiatry & Chiropody